The Bank was founded in John Steger’s General Store in Moscow, Tennessee, by seven local businessmen on April 26, 1905. The founders’ main reason for forming The Bank was to improve their community by facilitating commerce. Once established, The Bank has survived two World Wars, the Great Depression, the destruction caused by the Great Moscow fire, the Vietnam War, hyperinflation, numerous and onerous regulations, and the Great Recession.
Through all those years, The Bank focused on its customers, employees, and communities and in doing so, prospered. The Bank now serves Fayette, Hardeman, McNairy, Tipton, and Shelby Counties.