Moscow Savings Bank was organized April 26, 1905. The first location of The Bank was at the northeast corner of Fourth and Charleston Street in Moscow. In 2012, operations were moved to the present facility in Piperton, TN.
Many prestigious Fayette County citizens have served in the administration of this institution. The Bank’s Presidents and terms are as follows:
- Joshua E. Burnette, 1905-1907
- William R Fite, 1907-1915
- Wilburn E Franklin, 1915-1952
- Junius L Crossett, 1952-1960
- Vernon A Gilliland, 1961-1966
- Howard Moore, 1966-1977
- Thomas V Luck, Jr., 1977-2001
- H. McCall Wilson, Jr, 2002-present
Moscow Savings Bank survived The Great Depression without failing. Also, it is rumored that it was the only Bank in Fayette County not to close more than the three days required by the President of the United States during the depression. The Bank has enjoyed nearly 100 years providing quality financial services to Fayette County and surrounding communities.
In 1990, The Bank changed its name from Moscow Savings Bank to The Bank of Moscow, and built its’ first branch, The Bank of Piperton. In 1999, The Bank of Moscow Express Branch was opened and in the spring of 2002, the third branch, The Bank of Somerville was opened.
On February 1, 2004 The Bank of Moscow changed its name to The Bank of Fayette County. Our new name supports our mission of providing financial services to all of Fayette County and surrounding communities.
Under the leadership of President Wilson, the Board’s administration, and the dedicated service of the staff, The Bank continues to grow and serve our community.